- Department Introduction
- Preventive Medicine Center
- Department Home
Preventive Medicine Center
To strengthen the comprehensive health care services of the medical center and to promote the educational researches regarding community health, the CMUH established the Department of Community Medicine in 1998 combining the community resources and extending the hospital health care to the communities. With the population aging, chronic diseases are increased rapidly so that the preventive medicine becomes one of the essential sciences. Grasping the trend, the CMUH built the Preventive Medicine Center in 2007, in order to support more professional services and researches of preventive medicine for communities and people.
- 1998: To strengthen the comprehensive health care services of the medical center, the Family Medicine Department, the Referral Center and the Home Care, Discharge Planning and Social Work Sections were integrated to establish the Department of Community Medicine.
- 2007: Depended on the hospital development and based on the Department of Community Medicine, the Preventive Medicine Center was established and composed of the Department of Family Medicine (including the Department of Occupation Medicine), Health Examination Center, Community Health Room (including the Referral Center and Community Service Section), etc.
- 2011: Though the organization reconstruction, the Preventive Medicine Center was integrated to the Health Examination Center and the Department of Community and Family Medicine.
- 2016: The Community Health Room was combined to the Department of Community and Family Medicine.