The department owns the first time-saving low-dose, whole-body X-ray imaging device Lodox in Asia. In conjunction with the emergency Trauma Center for performing emergency catheter intervention for patients with trauma-induced internal hemorrhage, it has saved many dying patients with severe trauma.
Furthermore, in cooperation with the hospital’s Stroke Center, the Department of Radiology Neuroradiology Division provides 24 hours of services, and some important examinations can be completed within 20 minutes. In addition to providing imaging diagnosis of nervous system, head and neck and spinal cord diseases, such as general X-rays, MRI, CT, and spinal radiography as a basis for clinicians to give treatment, our team offers services, including:
- Diagnosis of cranio-cervical vascular diseases using angiography
- Endovascular embolotherapy for head and neck aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, arteriovenous fistula or cavernous sinus fistula
- Use of balloon dilatation or endovascular stents to treat the stenosis of the head and neck arteries
- Intravascular clot dissolution for acute ischemic stroke
- Preoperative blood flow reduction embolization for head and neck neoplasms