Instruction for Collection of Fees
Since July 15, 108, the outpatient registration fee has been adjusted.
When we seek for medical help at clinic or emergency department, we also need to pay for a small amount apart from the medical expenses covered by the National Health Insurance, known as the "co-payment."
In sum, you will need to pay for the following items for general clinic：
1. Registration Fee
2. Basic clinic co-payment
3. Co-payment for clinical medicine
- Clinic(Health Insurance)
- Co-payment for clinical medicine
- Emergency Non-Health Insurance
- Co-payment for health insurance Admission fees
- Taichung City Home Care
Clinic(Health Insurance) Identity Type
|Registration Fee||Basic Co-payment||Registration Fee||Basic Co-payment|
Level 1, 2：450
Level 1, 2：450
|Without transfer||150||420||270|| Level 1, 2：450
|Chinese medicine (including rehabilitation physical therapy or Chinese medicine traumatology therapy)||150||50||-||-|
|Disability||120||50||270|| Level 1, 2：450
|70 years and older||75||420||270|| Level 1, 2：450
|90 years and older||0||420||270|| Level 1, 2：450
|Under 3 days old||150||0||270||0|
- The firs visit in 30 days after clinical surgery and discharge of inpatient shall be regarded as transfer.
- If the patient holds a physical and mental disability manual for clinic, the process shall apply in accordance with the regulations governing co-payment for this health insurance clinic. The basic co-payment for clinic is NT50.
- To apply for refund, please bring your health insurance card and original receipt. To refund via credit card, please present the original credit card signature note and original credit card used for payment to apply for refund.
- For the same therapy course and with the exception of co-payment for first diagnosis, all co-payments shall be exempt during the course (except for rehabilitation and Chinese medicine trauma logy).
Co-payment for clinical medicine
|Medicine Fees||Co-payment for Medicine Fees|
|Under NT100||NT 0|
|Over NT1,000||NT 200|
Emergency Non-Health Insurance Self-Payment Charge
|Type||Registration Fee||Diagnosis Fee||Tota|
|Emergency||Triage Class I||270||918||1,188|
|Triage Class II||270||683||953|
|Triage Class III||270||509||779|
|Triage Class IV||270||412||682|
|Triage Class V||270||358||628|
|Hospitalization Ward Fee|
Health insurance copayment
International Medical and VIP Ward
Special Single Bed Room
General Double-Bed Room
General Insurance Ward (at least 3 people)
Exempt for co-payment
- According to the National Health Insurance, the insured admitted to the hospital shall in general be admitted to regular ward while any upgrade of ward shall be paid by the insured for the difference (pursuant to provision prescribed under Article 51 of National Health Insurance Act).
- The calculation of national health insurance covered ward shall be calculated for the number of days hospitalized. Regardless of when admitted to the hospital during the day, the first day shall be calculated as one day and the day of discharge, regardless of the time, may not be calculated in the ward fees.
- adjustment to the fee is subject to the latest fees announced by CMUH.
- Pursuant to the provisions under National Health Insurance: Patients re-admitted to the same hospital under the same disease in 14 days discharged from the same hospital, the number of hospitalized days shall be consolidated in calculation. The co-payment shall be collected by the specific ratio of all hospitalization amount for that admission.
- 1Applicable since May 1, 2018
Co-payment for health insurance Admission fees
|No. of hospitalized days||Acute Ward|
|Over 61 days||30%|
Taichung City Home Care Charge Standards
Physician visitation fees
Nursing and Visit fees
Special care fees
General material fees
|Self-payment shall be made in accordance with Guidelines for National Health Insurance Home Care Procedures. The case meeting national health insurance shall be paid in accordance with Guidelines for National Health Insurance Home Care Procedures.|
|Special material fees||By actual cost|
|Transportation fee||By round-trip taxi meter charge|
|Diagnosis and Visit||Self-Payment||Health Insurance|
|Type 1 Care (Session)||NT700||NT70|
|Type 2 Care (Sessio||NT970||NT97|
|Type 3 Care (Session)||NT1170||NT117|
|Type 4 Care (Session)||NT1370||NT137|
For the same rehabilitation therapy, a co-payment of NT50 will be collected from the clinic for each simple or intermediary therapy.
Chinese Medicine Traumatology Co-payment
For the same therapy, a co-payment of NT50 will be collected from the clinic.
Under which circumstance can co-payment be exempt?
- Major disease determined by the health competent authority, i.e. leukemia, Lupus erythematosus and Thalassemia major.
- Within 30 days from onset of acute cerebral stroke, the patient does not have to apply for catastrophic illness card shall be exempt for co-payment.
- The complication prescribed under Premature Baby consolidated laws that has been recognized by attending physician shall be exempt for co-payment in 3 months after the date of birth and does not need to apply for catastrophic illness card.
- Persons over 100 years old
- Occupational disease and occupational injury
- Low-income household
- Preventive health care
- Under 3 years old
Items not covered by health insurance
- Cosmetic surgery, transsexual operation, vasectomy, and recovery surgery
- Special Nurse
- Preventive inoculation, human body trial
- Medicine, instruction for medication
- Ambulance fee
- Artificial eye, artificial teeth, wheelchair, crutch, eyeglass, and other device and hearing aids
- Meal costs (half of occupational injury patients hospitalized in 30 days)
- Consultation with Chinese Medicine during the hospitalization under Western Medicine Department, use of Chinese medicine and relevant fees.
National Health Insurance Partial Payment of Special Materials
Table of Partial Benefits of National Health Insurance
Cardiology Department" Pacemaker
Cardiology Department” Drug-Eluting Coronary Stents
Ophthalmology" Intraocular lens Implant for Cataract Surgery
Orthopedics" Artificial Hip Joint Replacement
- Zimmer 巨頭陶瓷人工髖關節自付差額同意書 (Biolox on Biolox)
- Zimmer 巨頭陶瓷人工髖關節自付差額同意書 (Biolox on PE)
- Zimmer 百優陶瓷雙極式半人工髖關節組(Biolox Bipolar)
- Zimmer 可旋式百優鏍釘固定式陶瓷全人工髖關節自付差額同意書