- Department Introduction
- Department Home
Department of Ophthalmology has a long history in the affiliated hospital of China Medical University. With responsibilities of care, teaching and research in ophthalmology, the Department of Ophthalmology has been expanded to develop its own features in clinical, teaching and research fields.
Clinically, the Department of Ophthalmology has eight major divisions to treat and track a wide range of ophthalmic diseases. With a variety of specialist advanced testing equipment, the department has become the referral center in Central Taiwan. Meanwhile, the department also actively introduces the latest surgeries and drugs for treatment of ophthalmic diseases and constantly synchronize the level of medical services in ophthalmology with international standards.
- Cornea (including corneal transplant medical center)
- Pediatric Ophthalmology (Medical Center for Retinopathy of Prematurity; well-equipped treatment training center for myopia, amblyopia, strabismus and visual acuity disorders)
- Glaucoma (Glaucoma Medical Center)
- Ophthalmic nerve
- Retina (Vitreoretinal Medical Center), referral center for retinal detachment and diabetic retinopathy.
- Uvea (Uveitis Medical Center)
- Ophthalmic plastic surgery (Ophthalmic Cosmetology Center and Ophthalmic Surgery Referral Medical Center)
- Refraction (Excimer Laser Refractive Surgery Medical Center)
In the teaching activities, most of the attending physicians have been certified by the Ministry of Education, and under the teaching system of mentor guidance, all people can learn from each other in the department. The department has gained excellent results in its teaching activities and nurtured multiple talents. Each year, the department passes the evaluation on the ophthalmology specialist training hospital with a high score. Meanwhile, the resident doctors are also actively involved in improving teaching programs to raise their professional abilities.
We will continue to send staff abroad for further studies and participating in various clinical skills training programs. We will actively enhance the capabilities of the department and provide our patients with the most advanced services of the highest quality.