Electro-coagulation is a kind of operation that doctors use at the gynecology and patients should be aware of the following surgical matters regarding the disease.
Including condyloma accuminata, cervical polyp, cervix erosion, and other similar type disease which seem as suitable treatment by doctors.
- Before the operation:
- Fasting is unnecessary except for the general anesthesia.
- Fill out the surgical and anesthesia consent form.
- During the operation:
- Physicians often locally anesthetize their patients, but when there are problems like tense emotion and narrow vagina, general anesthesia is necessary.
- Patients often smell electrified smoke because of carbonization, do not panic or worry.
- After operation:
- One to two days after the operation, patients might experience conditions like minor bleeding or pain with only a few patients of delayed hemorrhage.
- Maintain dryness and cleanness of the wound.
- Eschar would fall off naturally two to three days after the operation.
- Watery discharge will increase within 4~6 weeks.
- Patients may proceed to the following actions a month after the operation: flushing vagina, having sexual intercourse, and putting tampons.
- Timely take oral medicine and apply ointment on the wound, if there is still pain 2~3 days later, take a bath for 15 minutes to reduce swelling and pain.
- Return to our outpatient service for follow-up checks in about 4 weeks later.