The Secret to Deep Sleep 解開沉睡中的秘密(英文)
The Secret to Deep Sleep 解開沉睡中的秘密(英文)
Did you sleep well last night? Do you often keep tossing and turning and simply could not fall asleep? Do you snore and awake the person sitting next to you? Do you constantly yawn during the day and wonder why you never get enough sleep? If the above sleep problems trouble you, please seek for assistance form the Sleep Medical Center.
Versatile Sleep Center
The composition of the Sleep Center combine the Department of Department of Chest, Department of Psychiatry, Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, Department of Dentistry, Department of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Rehabilitation, and Department of Family Medicine, using advanced instrument to test various sleep related problems, providing diverse and complete treatment methods and humanistic care. Patients will return to see the examination report in 10 days after receiving the sleep examination and the medical team will conduct subsequent treatment and follow-up.
Quality Medical Team
The Sleep Center arranges special outpatient for patients with sleep disorders. The physicians will conduct detailed query to evaluate if the patients need to accept sleep examination or transfer to other department, using comprehensive sleep diagnosis and subsequent treatment to help patients improve annoying sleep troubles and the living quality. Moreover, the Center recruits senior sleep psychologist Chan-Wei Chen with years of clinical practical experience to provide services in the hospital. The psychologist therapy time is 1:00 P.M. ~ 4:00 P.M. on every Wednesday. The self-paid therapies include sleep disorder evaluation, individual insomnia cognitive behavior therapy, group insomnia therapy course, insomnia therapy performance evaluation and sleep record examination. The psychologist will make proper therapy suggests based on the sleep problems of each case. All patients are encouraged to use this service.
Who needs sleep examination?
Polysomnography is the primary examination item of the Sleep Center, which helps understand the various physical situations of patients during sleep, including EEG, EOG, EMG, respiratory airflow detection, respiratory motion detection, pulse oximetry analysis, limb movements, snore sound microphone, ECG, sleep position, and imaging measurement. These are the key data used by physician for diagnosis.
Sleep examination is an item reimbursed by national health insurance and patients will not need to pay additional examination fees. Usually the physicians will recommend arranging the sleep examination in case the patients have serious snoring, suspected of sleep apnea, drowsiness or oversleep in daytime, leg twitch, and abnormal behavior in sleep. Those who scare about his/her own sleep quality and wish to find out the sleep situations at night may also pay for the sleep examination.
Procedures of sleep examination
- Those intending to accept sleep examination shall first be evaluated by the outpatient physician, who will prescribe the examination application form for arrangement of examination via computer, including the date and time.
- The examination report time shall be divided into 9:30P.M. , 10 : 00 P.M. and 10 : 30 P.M. according to the sleep habits of each person. Upon reporting that day, the technician will first introduce the examination environment and procedures, measure the height, weight and blood pressure in order to understand the sleep problems of the patients. The staff will also help patients fill out the nighttime questionnaire. The patients will put up the electrode and signal wire after going to the bathroom. And the nighttime record will start immediately after calibrating the signals.
- The patients will sleep until 6:00 A.M. in the next morning and the staff will wake up the patients, measure the blood pressure after they wake up and have them fill out the morning questionnaire to complete the examination ( the Center offers one suit-based examination room including a bathroom per person, including a guest bed for senior, infants and family with disability or caregiver to company and attend ).
- Those taking examination shall wash and dry the hair in advance. Hair gel and oil is prohibited. Men should shave, particularly on the chin.
- Please prepare lose cloths such as pajama, sportswear and shorts for sleeping.
- Tea, coffee, alcohol, and cola as well as other caffeinated drinks are prohibited on the day of examination.
- Do not take nap at noon of the examination day. Keep other routines at previous pace.
- Patients taking medicine for chronic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes please follow the previous medical advice for administration and do not stop taking the medicine. Patients taking sleeping medicine or sedatives on a routine basis shall inform the outpatient physician to prescribe the medicine and bring the medicine to the examination room that night. Patients should take diuretics at day time, if any, to avoid affecting nighttime examination.
- Please bring the health insurance card and patients of myopia or presbyopia shall bring the eyeglasses to complete the documents.
- There beddings in the examination room and if you are accustomed to sleep on hard pillow, please bring your own.
- The examination process does not require family company and we will have technicians on night shift in the examination room all night.
- Patients who drink water at midnight may bring a small bottle of mineral water. Patients going to work directly from the hospital in the morning may bring their own toiletries.
- If the patients could not take the examination by scheduled time, please contact us in advance to cancel or reschedule the examination. Our working hours are from 9 : 30 P.M. to 5:00P.M of the next day.
Sleep examination is non-invasive and does not hurt or cause any sensation. The patients can return to outpatient to read the examination report in approximately 2 weeks.
In case respiratory therapy is needed
The Center features strong medical team and complete instruments with integration of relevant departments. It is an interdisciplinary and multi-department integrated examination and therapy center. Patients can receive complete care at this center without having to visit different departments.
For patients diagnosed of sleep apnea and need to receive respiratory therapy, the center offers multiple brands of various positive airway pressures for leasing or purchase. The Center also constantly traces the therapy condition to provide various health education instruction and medical care at all time in order to solve your sleep problems and help you sleep healthier.